Book
My favorite book is Maximum
Ride by James Patterson. I enjoyed
the whole series because it seemed to be a never ending story line told in a way
that made me want to continue reading.
Genre
My favorite Genre is historical fiction. I enjoy it because I
love history, and when you read historical fiction, it takes a real event and
inserts a character that is fictional, so you are learning, but also enjoying.
Summary
I am currently reading The
Camel Club by David Baldacci. It is
set in Washington D.C. It follows a
group of old, homeless men who secretly discuss conspiracy theories about their
well-like president, Brennan. At one of
their meetings they witness a murder made to look like a suicide. They flee the
scene, but can’t tell the police because they were illegally meeting at a
restricted area. They cross paths with a
Secret Service agent name Alex Ford.
Alex is an older man, who has been with the service for a long time. He doesn't particularly like his job, but he
continues to work it because he loves his country.
The theme so far in this book, I believe is that you shouldn't judge people based on their looks.
One time, one of the group’s members tried to hail a cab, but was not
allowed to enter it because he looked very ragged and dirty, simply because he couldn't afford a proper home. This
shows how many people can be judgmental just based on looks.
Based on what I have read, I can infer that Alex is a very
kind person. There are many homeless
people in Washington D.C., but he always sticks up for them and defends them
when they are being harassed. He went
into a “Law enforcement only” bar, and made the bartender, who was very
depressed, laugh and get excited about life.
This shows that he is not only kind, but very caring and respectful.
No comments:
Post a Comment