I am currently reading the book Monster by Walter Dean Myers. I would most like to meet Steve because he seems like an honest kid who didn't know what he was getting into when he agreed to help rob a drugstore.
The first reason why I would want to meet him is because he is courageous. He describes jail as a vicious place. For example, he once saw a man get stabbed in the eye, and he also witnessed someone getting beat with a lunch tray. Steve describes jail as a ruthless place, but it seems like he is being very courageous about his situation.
The second reason why I would want to meet Steve is because of his determination. It has become pretty clear that he didn't kill anyone, and is only a minor accomplice to the felony murder he is accused of. Even though many believe he is guilty, he is determined throughout the book to be free and prove his innocence. I think this is a good trait because it shows that he hasn't given up on life just because of the accusations of him.
This is why I would like to meet Steve Harmon if I could in real life.
No comments:
Post a Comment